13 Comments

1. sharkbytes

Well now, I like that lots more than some of your projects. Not that all your stuff isn’t great, but this one really appeals to me. Is it weatherproof? Could it be a garden ornament? I can see it in a reading nook in the garden.

2. Laurie D

I think it would be great in a library or an office instead of trying to countrify it or make it for a garden. It looks more formal. I absolutely LOVE it. I am a carousel animal buff. The printing all over the horse screams old maps and books to me, very classic old world feel. Look at the things Ballard’s catalog or Pottery Barn has, It would fit perfectly with some of their styles of decor.

• Cyndee

Thank you, Laurie! After reading your comment I feel so much better about it!

3. Jen

Wow! I need to start looking for a horse like this, I think it needs to sit on top of my armoire!!! I love it!!!

4. Jen Lossing, The Consigner Designer

I think this is awesome. It looks more like a sculptural piece! Great job!

5. ann

this is beautiful. and now i’m no longer going to go whizzing by all those yard sales that appear to have only used children’s things. it looks great now…rather old-world, and, as someone else mentioned, library-like. but it will look really amazing at christmas-time with some simple greenery and ribbon, maybe a little cream lace, especially if you have a bay window with welcome candles…wow.

you win the winston churchill award: “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never — in nothing, great or small, large or petty — never give in…”

blessings,
    ann

6. Michele

It’s certainly very unusual. I think it would be great in a large room as a kind of sculpture or conversation piece. Who knows, you may start a trend and we’ll see these with mason jar lights as a chandelier!

7. Nora Sigaran

I love this idea! Only I want to make a few for a carousel theme party therefore need to add a pole, can you direct me in the right way to do this please? I would much appreciate it!