13 Comments

1. Michelle Devon (Michy)

I’ve always loved the decorative bird cages! This is a cute one! I used to use them as planters, to put my viney plants in… maybe I should do that again. I don’t have any house plants right now.

2. Cyndee

Michy, I have no houseplants either. Sadly I seem to kill them. The rest of the family has a green thumb though. They all do outside stuff.

3. Link Round-up: DIY Makeup Remover, Photo Wallpaper, Decorations, and More | Smart Mom Style

[…] Restyled Junk created a Shabby Chic birdcage without spending a fortune. Learn how to make your own with an inexpensive cage of your choice. […]

4. Debi @ Adorned From Above

Hi Cyndee,
    I love the bird cage. You did a great job. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday’s Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures
    Nichi @ The Mandatory Mooch

5. Candice

Love your birdcage!! I think vintage & shabby chic birdcages are great for decor! I’m visiting from Delightful Order, have a great weekend!

6. Tammy

What a lovely little cage! You did a great job! Thank you for linking this up to Rustic Restorations Weekend!

7. Christine

Oh WOW!! What a gorgeous transformation!! Love it!

Thanks so much for partying with me last week at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality! I’m really looking forward to seeing what you share tomorrow evening!

8. JaneEllen

Gotta admire your resourcefulness, perfect and so cute. I have a few metal birdcages I’ve gotten from Michaels when they have their clearance sales, sometimes Hobby Lobby. I won’t/can’t pay bunches for one either so hunt up the cute ones on sales. Love the style of yours on the little stand, so adorable.
    I have bird cages in my living room, master bath/bedroom. I put nests in them or candles which looks cute also. One of them I have pretty soaps on a little faux silver tray in bathroom, love how the soap smell.
    I have one I bought long time ago that has it’s own decent sized stand, love that one and it has been painted different colors according to my whims at the time. There’s a metal cage/or whatever it’s supposed to be at Michaels right now on sale for 1/2 off but sad to say I don’t have $20 so will have to hope it’ll be on sale when I do have some money some day.
    I’ll be digging in my stuff or at Habitat for metal embellishments I can add to one or two of my cages. Love how you added them then painted over them. Always enjoy your posts and get inspiration from you. Happy Spring days