This desk was pretty rough, but I have definitely restyled worse. I am pretty sure the man at the yard sale thought I was nuts. He couldn’t imagine it was salvageable so he sold it to me for a dollar. Yep, one dollar.
One of the drawers needed to be put back together, it was missing one screw from a handle and the kick bar under the belly drawer was broken. No biggie! Really! All of those fixes took me about 30 minutes to complete. Actually, cleaning it took longer than fixing it.
I got a little bit “in the zone” and forgot to take pics in progress, but I do have close-ups of where I started and where I ended.
All the drawer needed was to be re-glued and clamped until dry. After sanding, the desk got a coat of gray chalk paint and then a lighter coat of gray over the top of that. A little bit of sanding gave it that yummy shabby chic look.