Don’t throw your empties away!
Check out my new tutorial article for five wine bottle projects. Decorate your home or make several to give as gifts.
You can find the article here.
After each craft show I was either making more of things that had sold or making new things to fill in the holes from past sales. The shows were good, but keeping up with more projects was quite a whirlwind of activity. I didn’t take time to get pics of before or during steps of the new things, but I did make sure I snapped finished photos.
I should have thought these through a little bit better when I designed them. After they were finished and I was loading them, I realized they were about an inch and a half too tall to stand in the trailer. I had to lay them down to get them in. (sigh) I will definitely be tweaking this project next time I make them.
The snowmen were made using a white chenille bedspread. For something a little different with the wood construction, I chose to put the horizontal wood braces on the front.
I’ve made these “Giddy Up” signs before, but it’s been a few years. They were made using the inner panels from old doors.
This was a transformation from a yard sale find. A little paint, a little sanding and a little stenciling.
There were many more projects that were just remakes on things I had sold a lot of or sold out of. Most of those I had already posted on my blog in the past so I didn’t take new pics.
My front porch finally got a transformation into fall. I hauled a screen door home from my storage unit to add height to the display. I really like the way it looks. It’s kinda perfect that it’s black too.
Happy Fall Y’all!
Since the corks were too big for the tree I had in mind, cutting them in half was the perfect option. The cuts didn’t look smooth, but I was using a serrated knife. Yes, a chop saw probably would have created a cleaner cut, but I value my fingers and they would have been a bit too close to the blade for this cut.
And then I was “stuck”. Yep, you’ll get that pun in a moment.
I started out using craft glue to attach them together. Nope, didn’t work. I tried E-6000. Nope, didn’t work. I even tried hot glue. That also did not work. (sigh)
The problem was material the corks were made of. They were not cork. They were rubber. I am assuming wine companies have changed to rubber corks because of price, but I don’t know. What I do know is this particular rubber didn’t like any of the adhesives I could think of. Seriously, I had too many corks to throw in the towel. I was not going to let these corks win!
I finally came up with a different method of attaching. After drilling from one side to the other, on each cork, in each horizontal row, I connected them with wire. Curling the wire ends held the corks tightly together.
I wound miniature greenery garland around the tree, but something was still missing, not to mention I needed to come up with a way to hang them. I tried twine, but it didn’t look right so I tried hemp cord. Perfect! A bow was added to the front-center of the tree and the hanger was threaded through the curls on the top of the tree.
Another project heading to the craft show this weekend.
Another project for the craft shows. I had a little trouble coming up with a title for this post. These stands can be used outside with flower pots in them, or inside as storage decor. We have one we use inside to hold newspapers, but it could also be used for magazines or bathroom storage.
My husband and I have made these before, but it has been years. Actually, I don’t think we have made these since moving to Kansas from Colorado (15 years ago) so this will be new to our shows here.
After ripping the boards to the right width, the back pickets were cut into birdhouse shapes and the holes were drilled.
We made several so if you are in Ark City, Kansas this Saturday, come check them out at the Last Run Car Show.
This was a great project to use up wood scraps and “play” with game letter tiles.
I have no idea what game the black tiles came from, but the others came from an old Scrabble game.
I first laid out all the Christmas words I could think of with the tiles I had.
Then I measured the length of the words and added a bit. Each lath was cut to the individual measurements of each word. Keeping track of that could have made me a little crazy, but I made a master list of all the words and measurements to save my sanity.
I drilled a hole for the hanger and gave each board a quick rub of stain.
And glitter! Yay! Yep, glitter just makes me happy.