We have participated in craft shows for three weekends in a row. Thankfully, this weekend we can take a break.
After each craft show I was either making more of things that had sold or making new things to fill in the holes from past sales. The shows were good, but keeping up with more projects was quite a whirlwind of activity. I didn’t take time to get pics of before or during steps of the new things, but I did make sure I snapped finished photos.
Fence Board Snowmen
I should have thought these through a little bit better when I designed them. After they were finished and I was loading them, I realized they were about an inch and a half too tall to stand in the trailer. I had to lay them down to get them in. (sigh) I will definitely be tweaking this project next time I make them.
Snowman Wall Hangings
The snowmen were made using a white chenille bedspread. For something a little different with the wood construction, I chose to put the horizontal wood braces on the front.
Giddy Up Signs
I’ve made these “Giddy Up” signs before, but it’s been a few years. They were made using the inner panels from old doors.
This was a transformation from a yard sale find. A little paint, a little sanding and a little stenciling.
There were many more projects that were just remakes on things I had sold a lot of or sold out of. Most of those I had already posted on my blog in the past so I didn’t take new pics.
My front porch finally got a transformation into fall. I hauled a screen door home from my storage unit to add height to the display. I really like the way it looks. It’s kinda perfect that it’s black too.
Happy Fall Y’all!
Wooden Door Peg Racks
These peg racks turned out even better than I thought they would.
I’ve had a stash of old wooden doors for years, but with moving to a smaller house they had to be put in storage. I’ve been on a quest to reduce our storage space for over a year and have finally got two large units down to one unit half the size of the original two. That’s great, but most of the stuff that is left in the unit are things that I use for my projects. The only thing that makes sense in having them is to actually use them. It was time to repurpose the doors.
My husband and middle son cut the doors for the racks.
Since the doors are so old, the vibration from the saw caused a few of them to come apart so reconstruction was the first order of business.
After cleaning them up and sanding them I got out my stencils.
I really liked the natural aging on the doors so I decided not to add paint. Instead, I added a stained wax over everything. I am so glad I did. I think they look amazing.
The pegs were also stained and waxed before adding them to the doors.
Some nice heavy-duty hangers on the back completed the racks.
My first craft show of the season is this weekend in Arkansas City, Kansas at the Last-Run Car Show. If you are in the area, come check it out.
It’s that time of year again. Time to craft in preparation for fall craft shows.
These witchy signs have been a big hit the last couple of years so I headed out to the woodpile to find wood that had potential for making more. I’ve made these with pallet boards, wood chair seats and cupboard doors, but this time I used scraps from my brother’s new fence.
He had quite a few pieces that were already cut to the same size, so I didn’t have much cutting to get them prepared.
I try to buy gallons of paint colors that I use a lot of. I’ve used this same orange paint for about three years. Sigh…it’s almost gone so I’ll need to be buying more soon.
The stencil was made using my Cricut. It’s the same one I have used since the first sign I made. It’s just card stock, but it has held up well.
I tried something new this year. I had some black raffia in my stash so I used it for the witch brooms. In the past I have used the natural raffia. I really like them in black.
The last touch was attaching green raffia to the rusty wire handle.
This cupboard was a find my youngest son brought home to me.
It had fabulous bones, but it was very blah. Just perfect for a restyle.
I started with a layer of light green paint, then continued with several coats of white.
I sanded it into yummy, shabby chic submission. I knew I would be sanded it after painting, but I had no idea if the green paint would be visible in the end. It was, but you have to look very, very close.
Not satisfied with the amount of green actually showing, I painted a green medallion on top and to the front of each door.
I completed the cupboard with an antiqued finish.
I came across several different versions of this on Pinterest and just had to make my own.
I had a few horseshoes laying around and my brother just replaced his fence. He gifted me with the old wood. Score!
After making stencils with my Cricut I was ready to rock and roll.
Quick and simple! I love these kind of projects.
After a little stenciling, I attached the shoes with E6000. To secure them really well, I drilled holes through the nail holes in the shoes and used wire to hold them in place.
A couple of sawtooth hangers on the back and these gems were done.