Teddy is my newest crochet design, thanks to the cold snap we had. I say “had”, because the weather today is warm and beautiful and tomorrow is supposed to be even better. I have no doubt more cold weather is still to come, but for now I am taking the great days as they come.
To begin with I made six bears to convince myself the instructions I had come up with were consistently understandable.
Once I was happy with the crochet instructions it was time to give these little guys some personality.
I considered using French knots for the eyes, but the knots just got lost in the yarn stitches. I opted for black beads instead.
The stitches for the nose was also a bit challenging. Embroidered satin stitches on crocheted yarn stitches didn’t turn out the way I envisioned, but the more I did it the more I liked the scrappy vintage look of the stitches.
The heart was made using a pop can and a heart-shaped paper punch. I pierced the heart with a pin and attached it to Teddy’s chest using red floss.
The finishing touch on this little charmer was the blue and white bow made from homespun fabric.
I listed the finished teddy bears in my Etsy shop this morning.
I have finally been able to unpack my Etsy merchandise that I had packed away when I was preparing to sell my house. Yep, do the math. That was eons ago. I had added things to my shop as time went on, but the things that were packed up and stored stayed that way until now. It was kinda like Christmas when I opened my boxes!
I added all my stash of Valentine merchandise yesterday.
Do you remember these scrappy tags?
How about these owls?
The chenille and quilt hearts?
Painted blue jean hearts?
I don’t have a lot of each one left, but it felt good to get what I had posted. I’m working on some new things made from a great “junk” find I found at an auction last weekend. Can’t wait to show you.
My recent move, the frigid change in the weather, an empty Etsy store and Molly the Mannequin hanging in my closet were my inspiration for this makeover. The recent move reminded me of all the goodies I have in my supplies, like my collection of beads and old jewelry. The frigid weather had me looking for nice cozy projects to do in the house. Restyling that old jewelry seemed perfect. Since I wanted to place the finished creations in my Etsy store, getting Molly the Mannequin more presentable for photos was a priority.
I’ve never been fond of Molly’s looks. She, uhm…, always seemed a bit nekked.
I decided decoupaging her with old book pages would give her a more modest appearance while creating an artful background for my style of crafting.
An old poetry book and Mod Podge were the basic supplies needed to transform Molly.
I molded the wet pages around Molly’s curves with my fingers, not minding the wrinkles at all. I just thought they added to the Old World-antique look.
I love the way she turned out. I have a hand and head that I plan on giving the same treatment.