I unexpectedly had guests for a week. It was an anniversary surprise from my husband. He brilliantly fessed up before they came, as he couldn’t figure out how to prepare the house by himself. I love surprises, but not if I am going to be embarrassed by a dirty house.
Among the chaos, I was still able to get a few things accomplished.
I last posted about my new love seat, and all the changes that needed to take place in my living room. I managed to complete a few before my company arrived.
I recovered the footstool with a custom-made cover. If you’re interested in doing the same, the tutorial can be found here.
This is the new cushion cover for the rocker. It was attached using the same method as the footstool. The cushion comes out of the rocker, and the cover was stapled on the bottom of the cushion’s frame.
The new curtain was made using a length of faux suede I had picked up at a yard sale. I made small hems on each side and the bottom, and sewed a casing in the top. It seriously took no time at all.