Yes, I know seems a bit early for Christmas crafts, but my first fall show is the end of September and I have another one at the beginning of October. Anything I can knock out when I can’t stand the heat outside will make last-minute projects easier to handle.
I’m an assembly-line-kinda-girl so I started by crocheting all the pink heads…
…then went on to their beards and hair…
…ending the crocheting with the hats.
The eyes, noses and bells were the final embellishments.
I still need to add the hanging loops, but other than that they are done.
I’m working on the tutorial. I’ll share more when it is published.
I collect a lot of junk that I think I will eventually use for new projects, but until I sorted, organized and packed for our move I never really realized how much of any one thing I had hoarded collected. Spindles and dowels are just one of the collections I am referring to.
Even though I have made things with them before, I have never gathered enough of them together to make several of anything. Well, knowing just how many of them I have has changed that. Since I don’t want to purge them, creating with them is the next best option. My prim witch wands were born.
I used chair spindles of similar size and shape for the wands. I didn’t get a before pic, but they were all gray and weathered. I cleaned them up and gave them a coat of white paint. I was leaning toward a primitive design from the start so dry brushing the white paint was quick and made me happy.
Continuing along the same quick and dirty path, I free-handed black and orange stripes around the spindles.
A simple cat head topped the wands. I love the way they turned out. I hope you do too.
I forgot I even had these bottles until I was packing to move. I think they were a yard sale find from years ago. I wasn’t sure what I would do with them then so they ended up in a bin and were forgotten. Thanks to The Graphics Fairy, I found the perfect project. Halloween potion bottles.
I found these great label printables here. They were a bit big for my bottles so I printed them off on half pages. This reduced the size of the labels to fit perfectly on the bottles.
I simply used Mod Podge to attach the labels to the bottles.
These bottles originally had plastic screw caps. Not what I wanted at all. Since I have no idea what used to be in the bottles I didn’t want them to be opened. I decided to glue corks into the opening. Perfect.
Old black lace and black gauze fabric put the finishing touches on my spooky potions.
I love the way they turned out.
I think I will use full size labels on a few wine bottles I have saved.
Wow! It’s been almost three weeks since I made a new post here! I do have a pretty good excuse though. I’ve been cleaning out my storage units to have a yard sale. We had the sale this weekend in 100+ heat. Enough said…
Our leftovers are going to an auction in October and that will officially take us down to one storage unit. Yay!
In my free time (okay, not really free time, but when everyone else is sleeping time) I have been working on a few things in preparation for fall shows.
These are my pumpkin springs. They are tried-and-true items that I have made for several years.
Miscellaneous buttons from my button stash were used for the eyes. I think it gives each Jack his own personality.
I used solid, checked and dotted orange fabric. I’m not sure which is my favorite. They are all so darn cute!