I always have some ornaments left from the previous year, but I also like to add something new and to replenish things that sold well in the past.
I found a bundle of barbed wire during my cleaning spree this summer. Actually, I found more hanging on the pasture fence next to the barn, and more inside the barn. I only used one bundle, but they sold so well, I will definitely be saving the rest of the wire for more ornaments in the future.
Barbed wire isn’t the easiest stuff to work with, but once I found the right tool…a bolt cutter…it was a piece of cake.
I made one of these last year for a tutorial.
I also made these salt shaker angels last year. They sold out. I didn’t think I had anymore shakers, but during my wonderful cleaning spree I found a box that I had stashed and forgot about. It was like opening a Christmas present in July. 🙂
This idea wasn’t mine. I found it while blog surfing one day, but I can’t remember where. My apologies to the original designer.
The idea stuck in my head when I saw it, but I’m sure my technique would make the designer cringe. I used what I had, which I am sure didn’t resemble much of the original “supplies needed” list. I had a bag with an assortment of rings. There were brass rings, shower rings, plastic rings and round frames. They were all different sizes and different thicknesses. I used a pipe cleaner for the belt and made buckles from clay.
Also a hit last year. The flap on the back opens so that candy or a small gift can be tucked away inside. You can find my pattern and tutorial here.
By the way, the craft show this past weekend was a success. I don’t have anymore shows planned before Christmas because of family things that may happen. They might not happen either, but because of the unknown I can’t commit to more shows this year. I am continuing to sell things locally so that I can still make what I normally do each year and to bring my inventory back down to a manageable size for storage. I guess if there’s a will there’s a way.