Halloween projects I have been working on.
This pumpkin was crafted from wood salvaged from an old house.
There is a new purpose for everything.
The appliques are silk leaves.
Made from old wool suits.
I’m making lots of these for fall craft shows.
Are you ready for a relaxing holiday weekend with family and friends?
With that in mind, I decided to post the links to a few of my patriotic tutorials.
Have fun and enjoy!
Have a great weekend!
This dresser was missing the top drawer, but that didn’t stop me from believing it had possibilities.
I removed the slide guide for the missing drawer. After a light sanding I painted the surface using a flat green wall paint. I also painted the interior where the missing drawer would have been.
The green paint made quite an improvement to the dresser’s appearance, but it had no character.
I mixed white gesso with water until it was an inky consistency. Working in sections, I applied the gesso with a sponge brush and immediately wiped it off. This gave the painted surface an aged, chalky appearance. Better, but it wasn’t quite there.
To add a bit more “shabby” to my project, I sanded over the surface.
I measured the dimensions inside the dresser where the drawer should have been and cut a scrap piece of paneling to fit. The paneling then received the same paint treatment as the rest of the dresser. Wood glue was applied to the lip on the front of the opening, and to the brace on the back (inside). The paneling was inserted and books were placed on top to weigh it down until the glue dried.
Lastly, I found two baskets in my stash of junk. They were spruced up with white spray paint.
I love it! I’m selling it only because I have no place for it. 🙁
Places I’m partying this week:
All Things Pretty