This sign was made from one of the salvaged doors from The House. The rails, stiles and mullions (the framing around the panel inserts) had come apart, leaving me with door pieces, rather than an actual door.
There was a crack that ran part way through the length, making the panel kind of unstable. I filled the crack with wood glue, and that seemed to do the trick.
I was originally going to stain the wood, but I wasn’t sure how well the stain would look in the areas that had been glued. I decided paint was probably a better option. Wow, could that old wood suck up the paint. I applied three coats for even coverage. The paint succeeded in making the panel even stronger, so it was a good decision.
The front surface and the edges were hand-sanded to make the newly painted panel look old again.
I used my Cricut to cut a stencil. I then stenciled “Giddy Up” on the raised (inner) portion of the panel.
I stained three wooden stars of differing sizes and attached them to the board with rusty baling wire.
I also used baling wire to make the handle.
Off to work on more…