I collect a lot of junk that I think I will eventually use for new projects, but until I sorted, organized and packed for our move I never really realized how much of any one thing I had
hoarded collected. Spindles and dowels are just one of the collections I am referring to.
Even though I have made things with them before, I have never gathered enough of them together to make several of anything. Well, knowing just how many of them I have has changed that. Since I don’t want to purge them, creating with them is the next best option. My prim witch wands were born.
I used chair spindles of similar size and shape for the wands. I didn’t get a before pic, but they were all gray and weathered. I cleaned them up and gave them a coat of white paint. I was leaning toward a primitive design from the start so dry brushing the white paint was quick and made me happy.
I forgot I even had these bottles until I was packing to move. I think they were a yard sale find from years ago. I wasn’t sure what I would do with them then so they ended up in a bin and were forgotten. Thanks to The Graphics Fairy, I found the perfect project. Halloween potion bottles.
I found these great label printables here. They were a bit big for my bottles so I printed them off on half pages. This reduced the size of the labels to fit perfectly on the bottles.
I simply used Mod Podge to attach the labels to the bottles.
These bottles originally had plastic screw caps. Not what I wanted at all. Since I have no idea what used to be in the bottles I didn’t want them to be opened. I decided to glue corks into the opening. Perfect.
Old black lace and black gauze fabric put the finishing touches on my spooky potions.
I was featured!
Wow! It’s been almost three weeks since I made a new post here! I do have a pretty good excuse though. I’ve been cleaning out my storage units to have a yard sale. We had the sale this weekend in 100+ heat. Enough said…
Our leftovers are going to an auction in October and that will officially take us down to one storage unit. Yay!
In my free time (okay, not really free time, but when everyone else is sleeping time) I have been working on a few things in preparation for fall shows.
I made quite a few so I might put a few on Etsy.
I was featured!
These frugal pumpkins showed up in my projects for fall craft shows so I thought I would post about how frugal they really were to make.
I was looking for “fall-ish” type fabric to create some new pumpkins designs. Fall color or especially fabric with orange in it was my wish. Unfortunately I had nothing. I did, however, have an old fabric that had been on the shelf for quite some time. It just sat there. I was not a fan.
Light bulb moment! I decided to paint it. You will never look at ugly fabric the same way.
I placed an old recycled vinyl tablecloth (the cheap ones for holidays) on the floor for my drop cloth.
The fabric went on top of the tablecloth and I painted two coats over the surface.
Tip: If you do this, allow the paint to dry well between coats.
Check out my full tutorial on FaveCrafts.