When Youngest Kid was home for Christmas break he helped a friend with moving. There were several things that were headed for the trash, but like his mother, he just couldn’t let good junk go.
They each had numerous problems, but nothing a little bit of tender loving care and elbow grease couldn’t fix.
They were pretty dirty, so the first thing was to get the seats off and scrub them down.
Since the kid lives in a house with several guys, I wanted to use fabric that was more masculine than any of the upholstery fabrics I have in my stash. A few years ago when I was cleaning out the garage I found some old tent tarps. Over the years they had been used as drop cloths for various projects. A normal person would have thrown them away, but not me. I cut them up into manageable pieces to fit in the washing machine and ran them through several cycles. Like I said, that was a few years ago and even though I knew I had them, I hadn’t come up with the right project to use them on…until now.
I made a cover that folded around the chair back from the bottom up. The front of the cover was attached to the back of the cover with magnetic purse snaps. I used three on each cover. I didn’t hide the backs of the snaps because I thought they looked kinda industrial (aka masculine ;)).
The chair frames were another story. Every screw was loose and there were a couple that were missing. Hubby found screws to replace the missing ones, then he applied E6000 to the threads of all the screws and tightened them.