While cleaning the barn I found a project that I never finished. That never happens (cough). 😉 This scary chair was actually one of a pair. Years ago I found them in a ditch on a country road. By themselves, neither one was any good, but I loaded them up and took them home because I figured what was good on one could repair what was bad on the other.
I never had intentions of reupholstering (shudder), who knew what they would smell like inside a house…and let’s be honest, the padding looked like a critter house.
Where was I when I gave up working on them years ago? I had completely stripped one chair. Goodness! Staples and nails were everywhere. That’s probaby why I gave up. I can vaguely remember numerous cuts and scratched knuckles.
Once I unearthed them again, I had to make a decision. Toss them or figure out what their purpose was to be.
The stripped chair had cracked and split back legs. That seemed to be its worst structural issue.
No problem. I would remove the good back legs on one chair and reattach them to the other chair. Yep, I knew that sounded way too simple…I could not find a joint/seam at the top of the legs. Looking closer at the chair that had already been stripped, I realized each leg was actually one piece that extended upward and framed the chair back.
On with the show! The easiest and most instantly gratifying step. I cut pallet boards to fit across the back and seat frame. They were each attached with a nail gun. This took less than half an hour. Whew! After the previous ordeals I was psyched.
More Furniture Inspiration!