Hello kitchen lover,
Welcome to the best garbage disposal hub! This website will ease your search and quest for the awesome garbage disposal units with great and latest deals in 2016. If you are in doubt as to where to find these products, don’t worry; my detailed and genuine garbage disposal review on this website include recommendations and comparison chart that will guide you through picking your choice and where to purchase from. Just stick around and scroll a little further.
In case you don’t have the time to do an extensive research on which is the best garbage disposal currently, I have done a quick review of top-rated products below. It’s a kickstarter but doesn’t mislead you!
The Best Garbage Disposal 2016 – Ultimate Seven!
- Waste King L-8000 Legend Series: The Waste King L8000 garbage disposal is a 1 Horse Power machine that does a pretty wonderful job at grinding waste into small flushable bits. It is a highly rated continuous feed garbage disposal that only weighs 14.9 pounds and runs at a speed of 2800rpm beating some popular units (Folks call it the best garbage disposal yet, oh well!). Its stainless steel impellers minimize jams and it packs grinding components that are rust-free. With this 1.0 Horsepower equipment, you get all your food waste ground into bits flawlessly and with minimal noise that can be annoying especially when you have visitors. Judging by the number of happy customers on Amazon, there’s no doubt that you are going for quality with this product. Personally, this unit is recommended for average family owners. It doesn’t require much effort to install too. – See Customer Reviews & Price
- InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0HP: Here’s a 25.5 pounds stainless steel (40 oz. household food waste disposer that features Multigrind technology (3 stages of grinding in this unit) and is powered by a 1Horsepower induction motor. This product from InSinkErator also sits with the best sellers and it is worth the price. Many love this particular one because it proves power and efficiency. In fact, a ton of garbage disposal review online say it’s the best. No doubt! Ready to give your kitchen sink a shiny new equipment? Grab a unit of this one – See Customer Reviews & Price
- InSinkErator Evolution Compact 3/4HP: This is a continuous feed garbage disposal that is designed to serve many small households. It features a 34.6 oz. grind chamber components that are made of stainless steel. This unit also comes with multi-grind technology which allows it to crush items that seem hard to grind. This garbage disposal boasts of a collar sink that reduces noise to the barest minimum so if you don’t like noise made by garbage disposers, you might want to consider buying this unit. – See Reviews & Price
- InSinkErator Essential 3/4HP: This appears to be the favorite of people who are looking for power at a lesser cost. Similar to other units reviewed on this page, InSinkErator Essential 3/4 HP garbage disposal features SoundSeal that allows for quietness during operation and also has 2-stage Multigrind technology inbuilt. Physically, this unit is made with stainless steel and boasts of 40 oz. grind chamber of the same texture. It’s not all too heavy as it only weighs 20.4 pounds. – See Customer Reviews & Price
- Waste King L-111 1/3HP: This is an amazingly cheap garbage disposal that delivers high speed food waste grinding with its corrosion-proof grinding chamber. Because it’s cheap does not necessarily mean it doesn’t perform a decent job. A great percentage of people who have bought it love it! Only weighing 8 pounds, this product is fast and easy to install into any kitchen that wants to get rid of food waste easily. – See Customer Reviews & Price
- Waste King L-8000TC 1HP: This is a similar unit to the #1 product listed. It also runs at 2800rpm and has rust-free grinding components as well. The major difference however is that this one has a batch feed mode of operation while the other product operates in continuous mode. In addition, this weighs a little more (16.1 pounds). It has a fast and easy system that allows for quick installation into any kitchen setup. – See Customer Reviews & Price
- InSinkErator Badger 5XP 3/4HP: Weighing only 15.7 pounds, the badger 5XP disposer is a reliable and quite affordable unit with 26 oz. grind chamber and 3/4 inductor motor. This food waste disposer is designed to fit under small sinks and is good for grinding an extent of tough waste in your home. It also comes with the quick lock feature as with other products from its manufacturer – the quick lock enables you to replace any InSinkErator garbage disposal easily and at your convenience. I feel this is the best garbage disposal in the low-end category. – See Customer Reviews & Price
These are the seven waste feed disposers I personally recommend to anybody who needs one – depending on factors like budget, space, noise and so on. More reviews are available; a small search on this website will show you others but to be honest with you, these seven are awesome for all class of considerations.
Which is the Best Cheap Garbage Disposal?
Assuming you have a lot of things that are seeking for a share of your budget, you probably are on the lookout for a cheap home garbage disposal that delivers well. After considering many factors and prices, the cheapest and yet, good garbage disposal is the Waste King L-111 unit. This can be afforded by the tightest budget and will still do a pretty good job at grinding your waste. The Waste King L-111 is 1/3 HP continuous feed garbage disposer that promises the great service and actually fulfills it all at a very cheap price.
Guide To Buying The Best Garbage Disposal
While you are on the lookout for a good garbage disposal at an affordable price, there are some things you may need to know so as not to repeat your search all over again in the nearest future. Most importantly, you need to know how powerful each unit of garbage disposal is and the strength can be measured by the horsepower specification. The horsepower is basically a measurement of the power of the electric motor working inside a disposer – this is exactly what grinds food waste into bits. As you would have perceived, the greater the horsepower of a disposal; the greater its ability to crush food and the possibility of lasting longer as well. What do those horsepower ratings mean? See below:
- 0.50 horsepower garbage disposal is currently the smallest unit and is designed for a mild usage in homes.
- 0.75 horsepower garbage disposal is the mid-range unit that allows for greater usage and suitable for family usage.
- 1.00 horsepower garbage disposal is quite the most powerful and does tough work for homes with larger garbage output.
Another important thing to note is if you would need a batch feed disposer or a continuous feed disposer – this has already been covered on this page earlier. Knowing these will further aid your decision for going over to get an excellent garbage disposal that wouldn’t drain your wallet. Read my full buying guide.
Garbage Disposal Usage Tips
- Send biodegradable food waste only
- Make sure there is enough water supply
- Don’t use your machine as a trash can
- Send in food waste one at a time
- Get rid of annoying smell with natural agents only
- Enjoy it all!
Know Your Machine – Best Garbage Disposal Review
A garbage disposal or as some would say, garburator is an electric device that stays between the U-bend and drain in the kitchen sink. Its purpose is to make food waste turn to small bits so that it can be washed down the sink. You already know this right? Apologies! Before deciding to buy the best garbage disposal around, you should note that they are of two types – the continuous feed and the batch feed garbage disposal.
Here’s a short video that shows how a garbage disposal works:
Difference between Batch Feed Garbage Disposal & Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal:
Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal: This type of disposer is very common nowadays; it uses a switch that can be turned on automatically with the help of a sensor or manually. It requires running water so as not to make it jam. That is, it runs automatically.
Batch Feed Garbage Disposal: This is a food waste disposer type that allows you to push waste into the machine and then by inserting the plug into the hole switches, it grinds the waste into bits. This requires your instructions to begin operation.
Wait…. Do you know that even garbage disposals are not meant to last forever? It could happen that the electric motor burns out or something simply is out of it and you are stuck seeking for help or a replacement as the case may be. At this point, most people will try to reach contacts and do research on how they can get a new unit that wouldn’t give that problem again.
So what is the main solution? They actually have to quest for the best garbage disposal reviews. It’s good you are here because there’s a stack of them available and more coming your way.
Now, there is no need to look further as I have covered a lot of topics beginning from A-Z of buying and using the best garbage disposals around. Also, exclusive to the beautiful readers of this website, most of the products listed here have up to 60% discount on the world’s largest electronic store so that you can save more for great value! Why then should you worry? Everything you need is covered!
You’re welcome 🙂
Last updated: October 16, 2016.