Garbage disposal is a must-have today, and while they are quite costly, you don’t always have to spend a lot. There are a few options that are cheap and offer the best service. For you to get the right garbage disposal, though, you will need to conduct research.
Searching for the best garbage disposal can be hectic. It doesn’t matter whether you are finding your first disposal unit or you need to replace, you will need the best ones.
Remember, even when you are looking for budget-friendly garbage disposal, you ought to choose the quality and durable ones.
The garbage disposal you buy should be worth the money you spend on it. Cheap is relative, you know. On this blog, we consider those that are affordable.
- RELIABLE & EASY INSTALL: Badger Series disposers are a reliable & functional choice when affordability is the prime concern, and features a...
- DURABLE COMPONENTS: This garbage disposal features our exclusive 1/2 hp Dura-Drive Induction Motor and long lasting galvanized steel...
- AMERICA'S #1 DISPOSER BRAND: There are more American-built InSinkErator garbage disposals in US homes than all other brands combined. A full...
How to choose the cheap garbage disposal
Even though the garbage disposal comes to you at an affordable rate, the essential aspect is power. Unless it can grind your household waste swiftly, it’s of no use even when it’s cheaper.
So it’s upon you to check the horsepower and the speed at which it’s running. Often the cheaper ones range between ⅓ -½ HP. But if you can get a ¾ HP when you have at least six people in the house, the better.
Whether you are buying a cheap disposal unit or an expensive one, you ought to know its speed. This will determine if it works for you or not. If the motor is high-speed, then it will handle the waste better. Also, it can handle large amounts of trash within a limited time.
Often the speedy motors garbage disposals are more massive, which means it requires enough space under your sink. So put that into consideration to know the dimension that will fit best.
What’s the capacity?
Well, this is an essential factor that you should consider before you purchase. Although most people would like to ignore it, the capacity you have matters. Find out if the disposal you have can handle all your waste in the house before you invest in it.
If you already bought the household gadget, if you find that it can’t handle the household waste, then it’s unnecessary. This is even though it’s cheap. You will have lost money.
Check the cutting head
It matters how the cutting head works on the waste. They often come in different shapes, but the most important thing is to make sure it can grind through all the different kinds of waste.
Make sure though that it’s easy to maintain the head also. If the maintenance entails too much process, then it’s not ideal for most people
The mounting system
Most garbage disposals claim to offer the easy mount system, but they don’t. Before you order your piece, find out if you can follow the guide on how to install it.
Remember, you will need to mount this disposal unit yourself and mostly without the help of the plumber. So you should check out to make sure it has the step by step guide that you can follow to mount it on.
The type of garbage disposal
You can have either the batch feed or the continuous feed disposal. Both of them have positives and negatives. So based on your preference, choose the one that works for you, but if you have a large family, then you will need the continuous ones.
|Garbage disposal unit||Power||Material||Warranty||Mount system||Price|
|L-3200||¾ HP, 2700 RPM||Stainless steel||Eight years||EZ-Mount system||Check price|
|L-1001||½ HP, 2600 RPM||Stainless steel||Two years||EZ-Mount system||Check price|
|Badger 5||½ HP, 1725RPM||Galvanized steel||Two years||Quick and lock||Check price|
|Moen GX50C GX||½ HP, 2600RPM||Stainless steel||Four years||3-bolt system||Check price|
|Waste Maid 058||½ HP, 2600RPM||Stainless steel||Two years||3-bolt||Check price|
|GE GFC525V||½ HP, 2800RPM||Stainless steel||EZ-Mount||Check price|
|GOPLUS||1 HP, 2600RPM||ABS stainless steel||New Knob mount method||Check price|
|L-2600||½ HP, 2600RPM||Stainless steel||Five years||EZ mount||Check price|
The best overall
1. Waste King L-3200 Garbage Disposal
Even when we are talking about some of the cheapest options, you can also have a powerful garbage disposal on the list.
Well, Waste King often delivers quality disposal units at a reasonable price.
Although we choose it as the best and for us, it appears to be a cheaper option for some people it may be way above the cheap list. However, considering the powerful performance and other positive aspects it delivers, L-3200 is cheap.
If you have a large family, you won’t use the ½ and ⅓ HP disposal units. You will need a more powerful one like this one. It comes at the power of ¾HP, which is ideal for a medium-size family.
The gadget is powerful; thus, it spins at 2700RPM. This will always deliver a powerful grind and the perfect liquid waste that you can drain into the sewerage system. The best part is that it does all this with minimal to no noise.
You can dispose of all the different kinds of food wastes here and even the tough ones. Notice that due to its power, it can never clog.
You will find that it’s easy to install the waste disposal. It uses the EZ mount system where you quickly lock it in place. Furthermore, unlike other brands that offer the permanent splash guard, this one is removable. That means that you can replace it or clean your disposal thoroughly if you need to.
It further comes with the preinstalled power cord to make the installation easy as you don’t need the electricians anymore. Also, although it’s this powerful, the gadget is lightweight and compact, which makes it easy to install.
What you will like
- You can use it even if you have a septic tank because it delivers a powerful grind. All the waste will be liquified with ease.
- It rarely jams, but if it does, then you can press the reset button to unjam it and continue operating swiftly.
- It’s easy to maintain and easy to clean, even its splash guard. You know that’s where the gunk often hides.
- It’s sturdy, durable, and favorable waste disposal that will stand the test of time.
What we don’t like
- Some clients complain that it has a small sink opening.
2. Waste King L-1001 Garbage Disposal
It’s hard to believe that you can find a good quality product at a fair price. Notice though that this is ideal for light use. It works if you are 3-4 people in your house and you don’t also produce alot of waste.
Of all the garbage disposals on the list, this is the cheapest. It delivers a powerful grind to your waste. Although it’s cheap, you should remember that its a Waste King and they only produce the best products to serve its market.
If you are on a budget, but you still want to make a quality purchase, this will be your best bet. It has all the great features to make sure it serves you.
L-1001 is quite powerful to grind the waste to a fine pulp. Even though it has a ½ HP, it spins at 2600RPM, and this is why it never uses excessive electricity.
Also that its cheap doesn’t mean that it will break down quickly. It has the corrosion-free internal chambers. Also, it uses stainless steel grinding chambers. This product is quite durable.
What you will like
- It has a removable splashguard for easy cleaning and replacement in case it’s damaged.
- It’s compact to fit under the small spaces. It’s further lightweight, which means it never strains your sink.
- Although it’s small, it still maintains its ability to shed the waste into tiny pieces.
- You can do the installation by yourself. Moreover, it uses the EZ mount system, which is a quick lock and mount method.
What we didn’t like
- It’s only workable for those with a small family.
3. InSinkErator Garbage Disposal, Badger 5
Whenever you are talking about the cheaper garbage disposals, the badgers always come to mind. Not only are they quite popular, but they have served a broad market over the years. They are also the oldest units that are still available with minimal improvements.
This InSinkErator is the easiest to install, and of course, its a lightweight. You can use it even when you are a beginner in the field of disposal units. It’s also ideal for those looking to buy a cheap disposal unit to clear the waste from either 2-4 persons.
This product has the durable components, which then means that the garbage disposal is here to last long. It uses the galvanized steel components for the internal parts, thus offering you a power grind.
Also, it will offer you a faster and quick cleaning, and in fact, it will make it easy to prepare your favorite meals. There’s a reason why it’s the most popular choice. It delivers the power grind and efficiency too.
With a power of ½ HP and 1725RPM, it will grind the food waste to the smoothest food pulp. With this tool, you will remember that you don’t have to use a powerful disposal unit to deliver a power grind.
What we like
- Well, you will have the disposal over a long time because it features the use of durable construction.
- It also has a powerful motor to spin and deliver a power grind to food waste.
- The best thing about InSinkErator is the ease of installation. It uses the quick lock and mount method for the installation. You can further swap it with ease if you wish.
- With this product, you deliver a faster clean up and smooth kitchen operation.
What we don’t like
- Unfortunately, unlike other InSinkErator, garbage disposals this is quite noisy.
4. Moen GX50C GX
The one thing that makes this product stand out is that it uses vortex motor technology. This one will deliver the powerful grind for the food scraps. It will often handle a lot of waste at a time.
Also, it has a removable splash guard, which makes it easy to replace and easy to clean when you need to clean it. Additionally, it will drain the water and waste faster. This means that you won’t have clogs.
They know that you won’t call the plumber to install this tool for you, so they make it easy to install using the 3-bolt system. It further has the preinstalled power cord, which is to say you don’t need an electrician or electrical skills to install this disposal unit.
It’s ideal for those with smaller space since its a compact design. Furthermore, it’s lightweight, which makes it easy to install. You won’t have to struggle with the weight during the installation.
It’s a powerful tool too, and like most waste king brand items, it has a spinning power of 2600rpm. With its ½ HP, you can rest assured you will attain the perfect liquified pulp. Well, this has an advantage because it will not jam easily.
Also, you will have it last longer because of the durable stainless steel that makes the internal components. Besides, it has a sound shield, which means that it never vibrates or makes noise as you are grinding.
What we like
- The permanent magnet vortex motor is powerful, and therefore it will offer a power grind.
- It always delivers efficient operations
- It will give you a 4-year warranty
- It works quietly.
What we don’t like
- Jamming is inevitable for garbage disposals, but this one doesn’t have a place to put the wrench.
5. Waste Maid 10-US-WM-058
Another economical option is this waste maid choice. Some of you might be reluctant that it’s not such a famous brand, but you don’t need to be. The tool delivers, and it’s useful, according to the verified buyers on Amazon.
It uses the torque master grinding system to deliver a powerful grind. It has a stainless steel grinding system, which means it never corrodes or rusts easily. This gadget is further powerful with the spinning capacity of 2600RPM.
Furthermore, it will come to you with the bio shield to get rid of the odor and then wholly avoid the microorganism growth.
For the installation process, you don’t have to think deeply into it, wondering who will install it for you because you can do it yourself. It uses the 3-bolt mounting system. This is often easy and more like a twist and turn.
It further has the removable splash guards, which allow you to deliver a power clean to the garbage disposal if need be. Also, if you need to replace the splash guard when it’s worn out, you can.
Notice that this tool will jam less often than other ones because of the high-speed permanent magnet motor. Notice that this complements its ½ HP, and it will grind faster. Remember only to use it for a small family, though.
What we like
- It’s unbelievably powerful contrary to what most people would expect. Its powerful motor and the durable body is the powerful combo to deliver a powerful grind.
- It’s easy to care for this gadget since you can remove the splash guard to wash it.
- Bio Shield will keep your environment smelling fresh. But it also kills the microorganism.
What we don’t like
- It uses galvanized steel for its internal parts, which is not so durable.
6. GE GFC525V
This is another one of the most popular brands. They are famous for making all the best garbage disposals and other household tools. This particular tool is perfect because it can reach a spinning grind level of 2800RPM.
Moreover, it has a ½ HP to offer the perfect grind for a small family. It uses the EZ mount system to install it. This is easy, and you can do it even if you are a beginner in the field.
Notice that all the parts of the disposal are made using galvanized steel, which is durable too. It can stand even the acidic waste, and its sturdy enough to stand the test of time.
Also, it has a removable splash guard, which also means that it’s easy to clean the inner parts. When you have the spoilt splash guard, you can simply replace it. It further won’t jam easily, and you can use it with your septic tank system.
Moreover, its drain boost technology makes it easy to keep and clean your drainage thoroughly. This gadget is large, which makes it easy to handle large amounts of wastes.
What we like
- It has sound insulation to allow for quiet operation.
- You will find that it’s easy to install.
- It’s durable to serve you longer while being affordable.
What we don’t like
- It makes a muffled sound as you are using it.
The most powerful
7. Goplus Garbage Disposal with Power Cord
For all those with large families, here’s the proof that you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on the best garbage disposal. Let’s start with the fact that it has a large grinding capacity, which means that it can grind the waste in no time.
The unit is also powerful. It offers you a high spin of 2600RPM and 1HP, which also means that it delivers a powerful grind to the waste. Thus it pushes it easily into the drainage system.
You will find that it’s easy to install and operate even though it’s not one of the trendy brands, its very easy to use. When it comes to cleaning the disposal, you can clean each of its parts because you can remove the splash guard.
Notice the gadget is made using the durable ABS stainless steel material. This means that it’s durable and can stand the test of time. You will rarely hear of jams since the tool spins fast.
What we like
- It’s powerful; thus, it will grind large amounts of waste as well as hard food.
- You will find it easy to install
- Its quite affordable
What you won’t like
- It operates using the air switch only, but that will get damaged soon.
8. Waste King L-2600
To close the list is this L-2600. Well, this features another powerful tool that’s also cheap. The fact that it’s a powerful tool while being affordable is everything. Most people have the chance to own the best brand disposal at an affordable rate.
The best part is that you don’t need the electrical expertise or the plumbing experience to install it. It comes with a readily installed power cord. And you can further use the EZ mount system to attach it in place.
Notice that this is a lightweight item that’s also compact in design. You can use it even when you have limited space. It’s ideal for a small family.
What we like
- It uses the high power motor that spins at 2600RPM, and that means that it will never cause jams.
- It’s quite affordable for its value.
- This tool is easy to install.
What we don’t like
- Although it has rubber gaskets, they will quickly get torn.
Points to consider before you buy a disposal unit
The amount of waste you produce
This will guide you in knowing the right disposer that would work for you. Always make sure it can grind the waste you produce. It should be more significant than smaller because if you overwork smaller disposal, then you risk damaging it.
- ⅓ – ½ HP works for 1-3 people
- ¾ HP works for 4-6 people
- 1 HP works for 7-9 people
- 2 HP works for more than nine people, and you will find it in commercial settings.
Are you one to get irritated by the noise? If so, then you will need to factor it in. But you should know that most of those noise-free disposers will cost you extra. Alternatively, you can choose those that limit noise just a little bit.
If you want the quietest ones, you should choose the evolution series.
With that said, you have your list of the best cheap disposals that offer quality performance. Now it’s upon you to choose the one that works best for you.