For modern homes, almost all of them have garbage disposals. While they serve you massively making the cleaning process a breeze, you must make your choice carefully. Your choice determines whether you will have it over a long time.
Stainless steel garbage disposals are so many in the market. For that reason, you might have a problem choosing the right one if that’s the only feature you are after.
- QUIET BUT POWERFUL: This innovative food waste disposal is the quietest disposal on the market, featuring advanced noise reducing, insulated...
- DURABLE COMPONENTS FOR THE TOUGHEST FOOD SCRAPS: This garbage disposal features alloy stainless steel components with our LeakGuard Liner...
- AMERICA'S #1 DISPOSER BRAND: There are more American-built InSinkErator garbage disposals in US homes than all other brands combined. A full...
Luckily, various other features define good garbage disposal.
The garbage disposal is the workhorse of our kitchens. You need it more for quicker cleaning of the kitchen.
Reasons Why You Need A Stainless-Steel Garbage Disposal
For anyone thinking of replacing their garbage disposal, you should consider buying the stainless steel type. You might need to spend a little more, but you will enjoy the benefits.
It’s a high-quality material
There are so many garbage disposals build-out of the stainless steel. But when you buy one that uses high-quality stainless steel, you can rest assured that durability is inevitable.
When you have the stainless steel blades, they will take time to get dull. In the end, some other disposal blades will corrode but not the stainless steel one. If you are going to use other cheap materials, it won’t be long before it gets dull and corrodes.
The noise levels
Garbage disposal is noisy. But you can get garbage disposals that have the noise reduced to a bare minimum. A good quality stainless steel type will reduce the noise.
With the material, regardless of the power you use, they will grind efficiently and effectively with minimal to no noise. Since you only grind the food waste for a few seconds, you can reduce the noise to a manageable level.
There are many options when you are thinking of the garbage disposals to choose from in the market. However, aside from choosing it based on the brand, you can also check the material used.
The stainless steel material reduces the corrosion possibility. With the wrong material, corrosion is one thing that will damage the garbage disposal sooner. So, if you can use high-quality stainless steel materials, then it won’t corrode easily.
Stainless steel disposals work smoothly so it will cause less friction and therefore less noise.
Best Stainless Steel Garbage Disposals
|Product name||Product image||HP||Star rating||Price|
|InSinkErator Garbage Disposal, Evolution Excel||1.0HP||Check price|
|Waste King L-2600 Garbage Disposal with Power Cord||½ HP||Check price|
|BECBAS ELEMENT 7 Garbage Disposal||1HP||Check price|
|Garbage Disposals KUPPET Food Waste Disposer||½ HP||Check price|
|Moen GX50C GX Series||½ HP||Check price|
|Kitchen Aid (84211643) KCDB250G||½ HP||Check price|
|Waste Maid 58 Economy Food Waste Disposer||½ HP||Check price|
1. InSinkErator Garbage Disposal, Evolution Excel, 1.0 HP Continuous Feed
For a long time, most brands haven’t managed to combat the garbage disposal noise problems. Insinkerator is the only brand that has manufactured quiet disposals. This item features one of the quietest disposals we have in the market.
It has a sound seal technology, and with its 1HP it can grind even the toughest bones. It has the alloy stainless steel components which you use to crush even the toughest food. This disposal is further powerful since it uses 3 stages multi-grinding technology.
Moreover, it has an auto-reverse technology which works to deliver a liquified food waste. It also makes it easy to reverse the direction of the grinding when the disposal senses a jam. The jam sensor makes it easy to break through too which means that they work together.
It’s made of stainless steel, its components will remain corrosion resistant thereby making it durable. Evolution Excel is meant for a large family because it has a large chamber. It uses the continuous feed method, which makes it easy to keep the place clean.
- InSinkErator has wowed the world when it comes to its being silent during the operation.
- It has three stages of grinding, which liquefies the waste even more.
- The item has stainless steel components.
You must buy the power cord on the side since it doesn’t come with it. This adds extra cost.
2. Waste King L-2600 Garbage Disposal with Power Cord, 1/2 HP
For a clean sink and fresh air in the kitchen, use this waste king garbage disposal. It uses the continuous feed method, which makes it ideal for those with a large family. Moreover, it uses1/2HP and runs at 2600rpm.
The energy-efficient permanent magnet motor, together with the stainless steel swivel ensures that you never have to deal with jamming. It has the splashguard that keeps the content in place.
It has the glass-proof nylon grind chambers together with other stainless steel components that make the grinding easy. Additionally, you won’t hear about the corrosion of the chambers. It uses the right materials for every part of the disposer.
You also have the reset button on the front that will make it easy to use in case of a jam. This is the easiest to install, especially when you want it to work with the septic tank system.
- Waste King is one of the two most trusted brands when it comes to making the garbage disposals. So, you can trust it.
- You only need necessary plumbing skills to install it.
- It’s a powerful combination that makes it easy to use and install.
- You won’t have leaking problems.
- It’s one of the quietest disposals.
- It occupies a large space under the sink.
3. BECBAS ELEMENT 7 Garbage Disposal
Here is another everyday use of food waste disposal. Although it’s not from the top two brands, it’s still one of the very useful garbage disposals. I like its color as it will stand out under your sink and maybe even match your décor.
Furthermore, its grinding system is made using stainless steel. It’s corrosion proof, and it will grind all the different kinds of scraps. It comes with the power cord readily installed, therefore, need no extra cost.
It also has the removable splash guard which makes it easy to clean. It has a way to reduce the noise when it’s grinding. It does so with the help of the foam insulation that it has.
You then have the safety method; the manual reset button will shut it down if there’s jamming. The EZ mount system makes the disposal method on your sink fast and easy. For it to work, you should position the disposal right under the sink.
- I love its color that makes it a center of attraction, especially if you have it being visible.
- For the installation, you don’t need to buy anything on the side. You will have everything you need in your package.
- Its grinding system is corrosion proof.
- It isn’t as quiet as the manufacturer claim.
- It will occupy a large space under your sink.
4. Garbage Disposals KUPPET 1/2 HP Food Waste Disposer
This is one of the cheaper options in the market. It further has the multilevel grind technology that liquefies the waste further. It features the continuous feed method, which means you can use it even if you have a large family. It will keep grinding.
For its cleaning, since it’s made using the stainless steel and it has a splash guard, the cleaning is a breeze. You can repair it when it’s jammed with ease compared to other disposals.
Kuppet is easy to install. It has stainless steel components to make the grinding easy.
- A cheaper choice compared to other brands in the market.
- It has large enough capacity, which makes it ideal for a large family use. Also, the continuous feed makes it able to cater for large capacities.
- You can even connect it to the dishwashers for easy draining of the water.
- It’s easy to clean since you can remove the splashguard.
- It’s not one of the most famous brands; this makes it not as trusted.
5. Moen GX50C GX Series 1/2 Horsepower
One of the garbage disposals that features the use of sound seal technologies is this type. It works with minimal to no noise. Unlike most other types of disposals, it’s also lightweight to make it easier to install. The garbage disposal has the 3 bolt mounting assemblies.
With its permanent vortex motor technology, it will grind the food with ease and make it safe. It further has ½ HP and 2600RPM to reduce the jamming possibility. It’s swift, and it will begin to work the moment you power it.
You can use it even with your septic tanks if you have the right size of septic tanks. Since it uses the continuous feed method, with the right chamber size, you can use it even if you have a large family.
You can also connect it to the dishwasher. The garbage disposal has a polished stainless steel drain stopper. It’s durable disposal from because it’s made using high-quality stainless steel.
- It features the perfect color combination that other garbage disposals don’t have. A blend of silver and black will merge with your kitchen décor.
- It has a sound seal system that makes it easy to reduce the noise when it’s working on your waste.
- For effectivity, you must merge it with other moen components.
- It’s tricky to install even though they claim that it’s the easiest to install.
6. Kitchen Aid (84211643) 1/2 HP Garbage Disposal
This appears as one of the must-have garbage disposals in the market. It features a continuous feed method that allows you to grind a lot of food. With a 1725RPM and ½ HP, the disposal will grind the food fast.
The item comes with the connection directed to the electric switches. It comes from one of the most common brands that make kitchen appliances, this means that it is effective.
KitchenAid item is made using stainless steel in all its parts which makes it one of the most durable disposals.
- It’s readily accessible since it’s from one of the most common kitchen appliances brands.
- Its lightweight making it a breeze to install. It’s also compact and small.
- It features one of the quietest stainless steel garbage disposals.
- Well, this is not one of the best stainless steel garbage disposal. There are better brands you can use.
- For the installation, you have to buy other items on the side.
7. Waste Maid 58 Economy Food Waste Disposer, Garbage Disposal
This features another one of the few economic options. Even though it’s cheaper, it’s as useful as other garbage disposals. With the ½ HP power, it can grind a lot of food waste.
Its jam removing impellers are made using stainless steel to ensure they don’t get damaged from rust. The grinders are made using the galvanized steel, which ensures it delivers a powerful grind.
Its high and balanced torque grinding system will make it easy to get rid of motor jam and bad performance. You don’t have to engage in electrical work because everything comes pre-installed.
It has a reasonable weight that makes it easy to install. Moreover, it consumes minimal power making it the best option.
- It has strong blades that will break the food down with ease.
- It has a sound seal system that reduces the noise.
- It’s a budget-friendly choice.
- It vibrates your sink, especially if it’s made of metal.
- It’s not as easy to install as they claim.
Choosing the Best Stainless Steel Garbage Disposal
When selecting the material, you must consider the durability of the disposal. If possible, buy one that will not corrode easy. A stainless steel garbage disposal is suitable because it will keep it rust-free.
If it’s not going to be made of stainless steel, then at least make sure it has stainless steel grinding chambers. They are long-lasting and robust, making it corrosion-free. It makes it easy to move, thus reducing the tendency to jam during the operation.
Depending on the number of people in your household, you will need to choose the right size of disposal. The amount will guide you to the right hose power to choose. And it will also show you the chamber size that fits you.
For 1 or 2 people you can use the 1/3 HP, but it’s never that reliable because they are the low-end types that tend to clog quicker.
For the 3/4 HP, you can use it for at least 3 people and its powerful. It can further deal with a lot of waste at a time. Anything over ¾ HP is a lot more powerful thus you can use it even if have a large family.
Is it noisy?
Often, garbage disposals are noisy, and this is irritable to the ears. If you can get a garbage disposal that has a sound seal technology, the better. Nobody wants to sit in a house where the noise is unbearable as the disposal is working.
There are better garbage disposals, today, that don’t allow too much noise during the operation but remember they come at a cost.
What’s the space under your kitchen sink?
Before you make the purchase, you should be sure about the space you have under the sink. It doesn’t make sense for you to purchase garbage disposal only for it not to fit. If you are choosing the most powerful disposals, they will most likely take more space.
Know the space you have in inches then check the product details before you purchase.
Regardless of the size quality and type, unless you can afford the disposal, you won’t buy it. Nevertheless, you should purchase one that offers you the features you need. They will cost you more if they are powerful.
Have a set budget then go on the do market research. You can have a disposal for slightly less than $100, but that is the low-end type. The high-end one will go over $200.
Can the plumbing in my house handle the garbage disposal?
This is dependent on whether your home is new or old. If the home is old you know, it might not handle the system, so you need to renovate the plumbing of your house. This is essential when making the investment
Is there a brand I should choose?
Not necessarily if you are one person, who loves to try new things. But if you like to be sure, then the InSinkErator and Waste King are the two most famous brands to choose from.
Confirm that is has a warranty
Some of these gadgets come to you and they soon get damaged. So, a warranty is your assurance that it’s a trustable company.
Should you hire someone to install it for you?
Absolutely, especially if you have never done the installation before. But if you think you can follow the instruction then use the YouTube videos as well as the guide on the purchase box, go for it.