If anything needed revived, it was this nightstand. The paint color and application was…um…interesting. Now I can’t say I don’t like green, after all, I just used a similar shade on the eaves of my shutter birdhouses, but this shade did not appeal to me. Actually I cursed this awful paint color as I sanded and sanded and sanded and…
Have I mentioned how much I hate to sand? The worst part was the drawer sides. Yep, they had been painted green and were causing the drawer to stick and stutter. Technically I could have lightly sanded the sides and painted over the green sides, but in our Kansas humidity it would have continued to have a sticking issue. I ended up completely sanding off the green from the sides of the drawer.
That was enough of that! The rest of the nightstand got the light sanding and new paint painted over the old. A barn red paint started the western revival. I still battled the humidity, though. After overnight drying, the nightstand was still tacky. I rubbed it down with baby powder to draw out some of the moisture, then I mixed a little P of P into my paint and gave it one more coat. The surface felt much better.
Places I’m Partying This Week: