Anyone looking for garbage disposal shouldn’t look further away from the Whirlaway brand. This is because it has a good reputation in the market. Most of its garbage disposal available are of high-quality kinds.
In this article, we show you some of the best Whirlaway garbage disposers in the market. But first,
Who Makes the Whirlaway Garbage Disposal?
The disposer brand is one of the best brands made by Anaheim manufacturing company. The company has over 50 years’ experience in delivering some of the best bathroom fixtures, but it does make garbage disposals too.
Mind you; AMC also sells some of the famous brands like Waste King. Meanwhile, it manufactures some of the best Whirlaway disposers for residential and commercial settings.
The Unique Features
Like all other disposers, it comes to you with some of the very best features that make it stand out. Below are a few of the unique features.
- Their design
Unlike most of the disposers that come to you that vary in sizes, the Whirlaway features the compact design. Another unique thing about the design is that it’s quiet, and they have some of the most durable materials.
I often buy it again and again because my under-sink space is miniature. Most of the disposers from the Whirlaway brand are so small you won’t see them under the sink unless you bend. This allows you the space to store other things as well.
It further has the splashguard that you can remove for easy cleaning. Its flange is also corrosion-resistant.
- The installation
If you want people to buy the garbage disposal from you, the installation should take a shorter time. It should be easy to install even by the beginner. Luckily most of the Whirlaway brand disposers are easy to install.
It uses the quick-mount system, which makes it a masterpiece for most people. Not many people enjoy a hard to install disposer since it will need you to spend extra coins on the same.
- The cost
The Whirlaway brand has some of the best and unique disposal’s features. You can use it over the years, and this disposer cost you much less than some of the more popular brands.
- The material that makes it
Most of the Whirlaway brands have the components made using stainless steel. However, you will find other parts of the disposer having been made using the galvanized steel.
Reasons Why You Should Buy the Whirlaway Disposers
There are a few reasons that make the Whirlaway disposers attractive.
- They are durable
You will rarely hear of complaints about the Whirlaway garbage disposal because most of its parts use the stainless steel which is corrosion resistant. Its internal components are further made using the glass-filled nylon.
This mainly means there won’t be corrosion but also the disposer is strong.
- Easy to use and maintain
You don’t need unique skills to support it. Once you have installed it right, you should only remember to use it for the right reasons. This will ensure it lasts longer. Remember to clean it frequently as that will keep it free of jams and clogs.
- What do you intend to grind?
If you are going to use the Whirlaway for grinding the soft things, it will work just fine. It’s not appropriate to crush all the hard stuff in the Whirlaway disposers as that will mess its internal chambers.
- It’s convenient yet efficient
The only thing you need is one tool that will not require you to break some strict codes to use them. This is one such unit since it’s easy to use and it never disappoints too.
- It’s cost-effective
The Whirlaway disposer is not one of the most expensive models. You can afford it and put it into the household.
This is one of those disposals that suit most households, and that’s further suitable for you if you have just a few people in your home. Lucky for you, even though it has less horsepower it has some of the best features that make it durable.
The brand is an energy-efficient product since it uses the vortex power system. This system reduces power. It further uses the permanent magnet motor, which reduces the power ultimately. This saves the energy as it keeps the environment clean too.
Its installation is a breeze. It uses the quick mount and installation method. That’s one of the vital features; it makes it easy to install the disposer as opposed to following various steps.
You can safely use the disposer, and it’s, in fact, septic friendly. Most of the disposer doesn’t work with the septic tanks so if you find the type that works with the disposer then you have all you need.
In other parts, these disposers parts feature the use of stainless steel. The stainless-steel material makes it durable and corrosion-resistant. Its chambers feature the use of the glass-filled polyester, which means it won’t rust easily.
I like that this item requires low to no maintenance. It works for you over a prolonged time if you maintain it well.
The disposer is further quiet during the grinding even though it’s one of the least powerful kinds at 1/3 HP. With proper maintenance, it will rarely jam or clog. We, however, insist on the essence of only throwing the soft veggies and fruits.
- Its compact in size to fit under any space you have. So, if you have a small apartment and under sink space, you can still use the disposer.
- It only requires low maintenance yet its durable. With the different parts made using stainless steel and glass-filled nylon chambers, you can rest knowing it will last long.
- Its installation is easy since you only need to mount it quick.
- It has a low HP which means there are so many waste types that you can’t use it for. Besides, you can’t grind a lot of waste at a go with it.
Here is another Whirlaway brand that is so fulfilling to your search for a disposer. It will primarily serve you if you only have a few people in the house. But, aside from its compact size, it has some of the most amazing features.
The disposer is compact in design, and that makes it very easy to install. It’s therefore easy to mount the disposer, and it needs no large space to fit it. Its small size makes it fit anywhere and its further portable.
Its grinding components are corrosion-resistant, which makes it one of the most appropriate pieces to use. It further won’t let the foreign objects to block the drains which mean that you can maintain it over a long time since it won’t clog or jam.
It’s easy to install as you will only use the EZ mount method. This delivers a quick and easy to install method for your disposer. It further comes with a pre-installed power cord, and that means that you don’t need an expert to install the electric part for you.
I like it mostly because you don’t need to spend a whole lot of time in the installation part. Well, you don’t have to spend a fortune on the disposer. It’s cost-effective. It delivers to the call to serve you if you have a small family.
- It doesn’t let foreign objects in the disposer as it has a magnetic ring that attracts them.
- It’s cost-effective.
- It’s easy to install too.
- It’s still a small size too.
Whirlaway spare parts
Sometimes the splashguard fades away, and all you need to do is replace it with the spare parts for your disposer. This splashguard is made using the neoprene, which is a promise of durability.
The best part is that you don’t need unique tools to use this item. Just use the stopper, and anyone can replace it. You don’t need to remove the old splash guard.
Whirlaway Garbage Disposal Troubleshooting
Whirlaway disposer like most other disposer is famous for some of the problems. With it you experience some of the issues as you will see below and their solutions are as follows too.
The garbage disposal hums, but it doesn‘t run.
This can be a result of anything from a clog to a jam and even the fact that the disposer is old and dead.
The first thing to do is to check the inner parts of the disposer if you can see a clog. Remove the clog using the nose pliers and then clean the disposer. Go on to reset it and see if it’s not running.
For this option, then you should avoid hard objects in the disposer as they cause the clogs. Also, remember to clean the disposer frequently.
When the reason for the humming is a jam
You can get rid of the jam on the plate the same way you do with another garbage disposer. Use the Allen wrench that you buy together with the disposer.
- Switch the disposer off and go below it to check the port that’s below the disposer.
- Insert the Allen wrench into the port and wiggle it a few times to loosen the jam on the wheels or the plate. You can then turn it a few times to make sure it’s free of the jam.
- Once you can turn it a few times following the counter-clockwise motion and the clockwise motion you will know that its unjammed. Follow through by pressing the reset button and start the disposer to see if it’s working.
- Remember to run the water first, though. If it doesn’t unjam then you should know that the disposer is damaged and you should buy a new one.
Tip: most of the disposers will have an Allen wrench and if it doesn’t though you could use the broom to start it.
In case the disposer isn‘t working
There are a few reasons why your disposer may not work, and it includes the fact that your circuit breaker may have gotten spoilt. If the circuit breaker is the problem, then you can repair it. But first, use the multimeter to test whether its working or not.
You can reset
So, you should go and check the safety switch, in case it tripped too. Therefore, go down below the disposer to reset the button. Often this happens to protect the disposer’s motor.
When the motor is overheated, the disposer will switch off, and thus you only need to restart it. Use the red button below the disposer to switch it on.
Sometimes the motor is damaged
If you try everything and it still won’t turn on, then that tells you that the disposer motor is damaged.
What if the Whirlaway garbage disposal is extremely noisy?
Garbage disposal is often noisy, but it shouldn’t be overly noisy. If you notice that the noise is extreme, then you should troubleshoot it to correct the problem.
Often, it’s a result of the shredding plates grinding on each other. If you notice that they wiggle or wobble on the sides, then you should know something is stuck on it. If you can’t repair it, change the disposer.
Some foreign objects may fall into the garbage disposer, you can get rid of it using the nose pliers.
Sometimes the disposer may cause the noise so that will mean that you should buy a new one.
Incase its leaking
The first thing to do is to check the leakage source. Find the leak source and if it’s coming from the sides, top that’s repairable. However, when it comes from the bottom, then chances are that the disposer is fully damaged and you need to replace it.
As for the sides, you may need to tighten the connections. For the top leak, you can replace the splash guards, change the putty, and tighten the mounting assembly then you are good to go.
How to Reset the Whirlaway Disposers
There are various reasons as to why you may need to reset the garbage disposer. Often the disposer suddenly shuts off to protect the motor. So, once you get the thing that causes the overheating from the clog or jam, you can then use the reset button.
- Turn the switch off first before you begin the process. You can turn the wall switch off or better yet unplug the disposal from the power source. Finish off by turning the circuit breaker off to make sure that no power is going through the disposer.
- The easiest way sometimes is to use the broom to turn the wheels. So, you insert the broom handle into the disposer then turn it anticlockwise and clockwise.
- This is going to help in the dislodging of the object. Once you are sure that the turntable turns swiftly, then you can go to the next step.
- Use your flashlight to check whether the disposer has any clogs or anything that causes the jam. If you see anything foreign, then you can use the tongs to remove it.
- Lastly, go down below the disposer, and you will see a red button which is the reset button. Now push the button back into the disposer. Go on to listen for the click as that is your indication that the disposer has gone into place.
- Next, replace the splashguard. Subsequently, run the water into the disposer and then turn on the disposer. It should start working now but if it doesn’t then that tells you that the disposer is dead.
Removing the Whirlaway Garbage Disposal
Sometimes the garbage disposal needs you to replace it. When this happens, then you can remove the old one first before you reattach a new one.
However, it’s not always that you want to replace the old garbage disposal; instead sometimes it’s just that you want to remove a stuck object. Follow the procedure below for easy removal.
- Stay safe first and switch off the power at the circuit breaker and then unplug the disposer from the wall switch.
- Twist off the lock nut at the top of the disposer and on the mounting assembly. Also, try to loosen the drain pipe from the garbage disposal.
- Insert the screwdriver into the garbage disposal. You can then use the screwdriver to loosen the metal flanges on the top part of the disposer. It’s a rubber gasket so take it slow since you don’t want to tear it off while you are removing the disposer.
- Finish off untightening the mounting assembly of the disposer. Follow through to pop off the Whirlaway disposer form under the sink.
- Also, disconnect the dishwasher drain line and the waste line before you do anything else. To finish it, unscrew the electric plug from below the disposer. It will be better to use the nut for the same process.
- So now you can clear the blockage or reattach the new disposer and follow the same procedure in reverse to put it in place.
Where to Buy the Whirlaway Garbage Disposal
Like most other garbage disposals, you will find this disposer on Amazon and other online stores. But if you like to go offline then visit an appliance store for the same.
With this information, you can make an excellent decision to purchase the disposer. Make use of this guide to help you repair it when need arises.